Monday, June 13, 2016

Ms. Wheelchair Pennsylvania fundraiser

In 2000-2001, I was a newly graduate from college busy seeking a career.  I began my writing career on a variety of web sites and doing everything I could to be productive. I saw a tiny advertisement about the Ms. Wheelchair America program, and I read more about it.  It was exciting to see a competition like this for women with disabilities.

I immediately contacted the Pennsylvania organization, and I was thrilled when I learned how close by they were .  They were also looking for applications to compete. I eagerly worked on the application, had my head shots and wrote my essay.  I felt excited and empowered.

The pageant was very elegant and enjoyable.  To my surprise, I won the title! I set off embarking on disability presentations all over Pennsylvania and had an unforgettable year. 

In 2018, The Ms. Wheelchair America program would like to come to Erie, Pennsylvania.  But it needs money to make that happen, a lot of money. With your purchase of a tshirt, you'll be empowering women to do incredible and unforgettable things.

This world is a crazy place but love, humanity and charity makes it a peaceful place.  Please consider purchasing a tshirt and helping women with disabilities.


 H

No comments:

Post a Comment